Lesser linen on is the most fashionable instance on our ads or in the tinsel world. This not only garners good amount of eyeballs, but also gives the most wanted publicity, as protests.
Be it the Deepika Padukone or the Sonakshi Sinha, the Katrina Kaif or the Kareena, Veena Mallik or the Sunny Leone all of them clamor for a better spot with their skimpy outfits and that has become a fashion. So the lesser linen only goes to prove the amount of popularity one hoards. Those days we had vamps doing the item numbers, but with modern heroines shedding inhibitions, the whole tribe of vamps is extinct.
11 infamous acts of the Tinsel world, in the past.
The top eleven yester year stars who had shed inhibitions and made their way to glory was listed by an online media source and this is brought to your notice for enrichment.
1. In both ‘Mera Naam Joker’ by Raj Kapoor and ‘Siddhartha’, a film adapted from Hermann Hesse’s novel of the same name (both 1972), England returnee Simi Garewal tried her best to excel.
2. Celebrated danseuse and Kabir Bedi’s bohemian wife, Protima Bedi stripped down to nothing and ran naked on Juhu beach as part of a promotional campaign to launch filmi rag Cine Blitz in 1974.
3. Dimple Kapadia in ‘Saagar’ (1985) had almost accomplished the act.
4. Mandakini in ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), the most bare-breasted moments in Hindi cinema.
5. Deepa Sahi in ‘Maya Memsaab’ (1993) exposed her breasts and features in numerous romps with King Khan in this awkward adaptation.
6. Mamta Kulkarni topless on the Stardust cover (1993).
7. Anu Agarwal in ‘The Cloud Door’ by Mani Kaul (1994), girl naked in bed with Murad Ali in a rather steamy sequence.
8. Milind Soman and Madhu Sapre in the Tuff shoes campaign (1995)
9. Hemant Birje in ‘Divine Lovers’ (1997) appeared in a flash nude steamy sequence.
10. Helen Brodie in Jag Mundhra’s ‘Monsoon’ (2001), found some pretty significant exposure with this flick.
11. Nandana Sen in ‘Rang Rasiya’ (2008) played the role of inspiration for an artist’s nude paintings.
Well the list is never ending in the modern cinema, with many opting for more exposure onscreen and leaving no infamous act undiscovered to mark their way to stardom. Intellectual feel natural instincts, tinsel world says as per story demands, a convenient answer to critics. On the other hand the mass enjoy their ticket outing and the censors turn blind over some issues as the norms keep changing in modern cinema. What was yesterday’s taboo has become permissible today. When none have complaints over the issue, then why this Kolveri Di, by us!!! (With inputs from internet: AarKay)
(And get your daily news straight to your inbox)
While addressing the opening session of the first ever “Laureates and Leaders for C
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has written a letter to Mamata Banerjee, and expres
Mahida, who had shot in to the limelight after proposing Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Students who are participating in the Prime Minister's movement for a cashless econom